We’re making it easier for members to access a unique fitness membership experience through the Active&Fit® Programs by providing options for individual memberships as well as health plan benefits.
The Active&Fit® Program (Medical Plan Rider)
HWMG offers the Active&Fit® Program to clients as an optional medical plan rider. If you are a health plan administrator and would like to enroll your group or learn more, please contact your HWMG relationship manager. If you are an eligible member and ready to enroll in the program, view our step-by-step Active&Fit® User Guide.
By purchasing this benefit, clients provide their eligible members with:
- Fitness Center Membership – Access thousands of participating fitness centers1 nationwide such as 24 Hour Fitness and YMCA at a low monthly cost2 of $10, or select a single gym membership from an expanded fitness center network in Hawaii (e.g., UFC Gym or CrossFit) at a higher monthly cost2.
- Home Fitness Kits – Receive one Stay Fit Kit each benefit year for a non-refundable annual fee2 of $10. Stay Fit Kits are enhanced with equipment such as a wearable fitness tracker, dumbbells, swim goggles, yoga mat, or resistance bands. You may opt for a fitness center membership and home fitness kit simultaneously.
- Online/Digital Workouts – Access thousands of digital workout videos at home or on-the-go at no cost through your Active&Fit online account. Active&Fit also offers videos on its Facebook and YouTube accounts.
Enrollees also enjoy quarterly online newsletters, fitness tools through the Active&Fit® website, and the Active&Fit Connected!™ tool3. The minimum age requirement is 13, and the plan administrator decides whether to offer the benefit to covered participants only, or extend coverage to dependents aged 13 and older. Certain exclusions and requirements apply.
Note that the Active&Fit® Program offers a more economic choice for members than Active&Fit Direct™. Members pay $10 per month for the Active&Fit® benefit vs. $28 per month (plus an enrollment fee and taxes) for Active&Fit Direct™. In addition, the Active&Fit® Program offers more participating fitness centers1. If you are currently enrolled in Active&Fit Direct™ and now have the option to enroll in Active&Fit® (please check with your health plan administrator), you may cancel your Active&Fit Direct™ membership by logging in to the Active&Fit Direct™ website or contacting Active&Fit Direct™ customer service at 1.844.646.2746 (TTY/TDD: 711), Monday through Friday, 5 am to 6 pm PST.
1 Participating fitness centers are subject to change at any time. You will need to confirm your selection in the provider directory of your Active&Fit account prior to enrolling and paying your fees. Non-standard services at the fitness center which require an added fee are not part of the Active&Fit® program.
2 The monthly or annual fee is paid by each member who elects to enroll, with the additional monthly premium paid by the group for all their medical plan members. Monthly fee varies by fitness center in the expanded network.
3Purchase of a wearable fitness device or app is not included in the Active&Fit® program and will not be reimbursed.
The Active&Fit Direct™ Program (Individual Membership)
This program allows you to choose from thousands of participating standard and premium fitness centers and studios* nationwide starting at $28 per month (plus an enrollment fee and applicable taxes) or select a single gym membership from an expanded fitness center network in Hawaii (such as UFC Gym or CrossFit) at a higher monthly cost, without requiring sponsorship or payment by your health plan. You can easily cancel your enrollment at any time after three consecutive months. The minimum age requirement is 18.
The program includes:
- Online directory, maps and locator for participating fitness centers (available on any device).
- A free guest pass to try out a fitness center before enrolling (where available).
- The option to switch fitness centers to make sure you find the right fit.
- Online fitness tracking through a wide variety of wearable fitness devices, apps, and exercise equipment.**
- Access to thousands of digital workout videos at home or on-the-go at no cost through your Active&Fit Direct online account. Active&Fit also offers videos on its Facebook and YouTube accounts.
- Add a spouse/domestic partner to a primary membership for an additional monthly fee. Spouses/domestic partners must be 18 years or older. Fees vary based on fitness center selection.
Already have a fitness center membership? Certain participating fitness centers allow you to suspend your membership so you may join the Active&Fit Direct™ Program at no penalty. If in the future you decide to cancel, your original fitness center membership may be reinstated if it was suspended (not canceled). Please check with your fitness center prior to enrolling in Active&Fit Direct™.
*Non-standard services at the fitness center which require an added fee are not part of the Active&Fit Direct Program. The YMCA in Hilo is the only YMCA location in Hawaii participating with Active&Fit Direct at this time. 24 Hour Fitness does not participate in Active&Fit Direct.
**Purchase of a wearable fitness device or app is not included in the Active&Fit Direct™ program and will not be reimbursed.
The Active&Fit and Active&Fit Direct programs are provided by American Specialty Health Fitness, Inc., a subsidiary of American Specialty Health Incorporated (ASH). Active&Fit Direct, Active&Fit, Active&Fit Connected! and the Active&Fit Direct logo are trademarks of ASH and used with permission herein.